Park Supervisor - Openings for Fall 2018 (Late July - November)
TreeTop Adventures is now hiring Seasonal Full-time Park Supervisors for our FALL 2018 Season (Late July - November). Available shifts include weekday and weekend hours during general admission hours and group visits (Hours vary depending on day of week). Typically, school groups come in the mornings Monday-Friday (hours are usually 8am-3pm). Friday evening and Saturday & Sunday hours are also available when TreeTop Adventures is open to the public (morning and afternoon shifts available on weekends). Multiple positions are available.
Supervisors ensure that each guest has an enjoyable, memorable, and safe TreeTop Adventure. Supervisors both perform Trail Monitor duties and supervise Trail Monitors in the Park. Trail Monitors are the eyes and ears of the TreeTop Adventures Park, ensuring the safety and well-being of all TreeTop Adventures guests as well as providing assistance on the trails and guidance where needed. Starting wage is $16/hour. Multiple positions are available.
Supervisors will also, on an as needed basis, supervise the front office activities – customer reservation check-in and phone/email inquiries performed by Park Hosts. In situations where the Assistant Managers are not on location, Supervisors will temporarily run all aspects of the Park including opening or closing the park.
Supervisor Position Details/Duties:
- Perform and Supervise the following Trail Monitor duties:
- Daily course inspections and equipment checks
- Inventorying and maintenance of park equipment
- Harnessing of guests as well as delivering instructional safety briefings and gear demonstrations
- Monitoring the starting platform, ensuring guests are comfortably and competently able to access age/skill appropriate obstacle course trails
- Managing the flow of guests to avoid too many guests on any given trail
- Observing and assisting guests as they maneuver throughout the Park trails and bridges, ensuring that guests are using equipment properly and safely
- Performing “guest assists” on the trails, as needed, including both verbal coaching for guests and physically assisting guests who need to descend from the trail prior to completing the trail
- Assisting with park grounds and course maintenance, as needed
- On an as needed basis, supervise or perform the front office activities performed by Park Hosts
- Customer reservation check-in and phone/email inquiries
- Providing general Park information and direction
- Over a 12 month period become a certified Trainer for new Trail Monitors
- Assisting in group event coordination as needed
- Must meet the following physical requirements:
- Must be comfortable working at heights up to 65 feet
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Should be able to work on their feet for several hours at a time
- Must have attention to detail and an extreme dedication to safety
- Must possess a friendly disposition and professional demeanor at all times
- Must have a passion for working outdoors and be able to work effectively in all weather conditions
- Must be have regular weekend availability; ideal candidates will also have flexible weekday availability and be able to commit to the full season
- Must be reliable with strong work ethic and personal integrity
- Must be able to quickly and competently pick up new skill sets both in training and on the job while maintaining the highest quality standards of performance
- Must have strong communication skills and a kind, patient approach to working with people
- Must have excellent verbal presentation skills, comfortable with public speaking and providing regular presentations to groups of up to 30 people throughout the day
- Must be positive person with a good attitude - smiles are a must!
- Candidates should have work experience supervising other hourly employees
- Climbing experience preferred, but not required
- Candidates with background/experience in one or more of the following areas are preferred: travel/tourism, service industry, customer service, outdoor adventure activities, education, fire/EMT/rescue, rope access construction, arboriculture, zip-line or challenge course industries, and/or general maintenance/construction
- Candidates with First Aid/CPR/AED training preferred; will certify otherwise
- There is a mandatory paid training session required for all candidates
- Candidates must be 21 yrs. or older and have completed some college coursework
- Reliable transportation required; must live within 30 minutes of Canton, MA
Schedule: This is a seasonal full-time position. Candidates should have a flexible schedule with both weekday/evening and weekend availability. The fall season runs Late July - November. Candidates that are available full time for the Fall are highly preferred.
Job Type: Seasonal Full-time